My Choice For Women’s Multicultural Books for 2015
Every once in a while, when I have a lull in my mothering and writing schedules, I binge read multicultural novels. Perhaps because I live with mixed up cultures in my own life, or because I am an anthropologist at heart with a passion for studying cultures, I devour these kinds of stories. Now is one of those binge reading times and since I write on multicultural women’s issues, too, I compiled a list of books that I already love or that I can’t wait to read this summer. I hope this list will inspire you to pick up a good book on the beach this summer, and become engrossed in some amazing stories. Click on each one to take you to Goodreads and find out more. Let me know how you like them!
1. Bombay Blues by Tanuja Desai Hidier
2. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
3. The Forbidden Daughter by Shoban Bantwal
5. The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
6. Oleander Girl by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
10. Funny in Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas